Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A little idea for your border punches

Let's talk straight! I AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT using this blog to share scrappy ideas...OH if you gals have any tips or fun stuff you have posted on your blog let me know and I will link to it!  Just give me a little heads up... my plan is to post on Tuesdays I have been working hard the last few days trying to get content for my blog all scheduled – this information will also be posted at Club CK on the ISSUE Challenge when it is applicable. I think you gals will be happy with some of the stuff I have come up with. There is just so much stuff out there for the paper artist. I want to be 100% straight up a lot of this stuff I have learned along the way, or in classes (both scrapbooking and other classes from school) I was going to try and credit everyone I have ever taken a class of gotten an idea from but that is impossible… SOOO I will simply be posting information – I am not taking sole credit for anything, it really is just for sharing—so that is my official disclaimer…


I like the texture border punches give. I usually punch “test strips” on paper and I had a light bulb go off...

SO HERE IS MY TIP FOR THIS WEEK : when you have many border punches, make a few test strips from neutral colors such as, black, Kraft or white. These can be a great way to test if you like the way a punch look on a layout. You simply place them down on the page where you may like to see a border and see if they will work on your page –I made a set of my border punches from a few colors so I can see if the shape works before I punch my papers.

TOMORROW I WILL POST A DESIGN TIP THAT GOES WITH THE ISSUE CHALLENGE(I don’t want to spoil my challenge so I will post it tomorrow), SO CHECK BACK FOR A FUN DESIGN TIP WITH BORDER PUNCHES!
SO here is my little DESIGN TIP FOR YOU:
 When I punched  on the test strips of paper I liked how it looked when it was monochromatic ( I happened to make them from grey cardstock); so I stuck with it!  That was a fun way to add texture without taking away from the busy photos.  If I had added more pattern paper, it may have pulled away from the photos.  Busy photos work really well when you do not over use pattern papers, so you can give this a shot next time you need a little boost of texture without overpowering your photos!
Here is my sample from the ISSUE Challenge...
A close up of the texture 

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Erika! Love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your idea of keeping track of border samples, awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the samples idea. My sister and I got a couple of new punches and tried them out on paper and the strips are still on my counter. I am so glad I saved them!

    ReplyDelete