Monday, June 28, 2010

Back in Phoenix

Well I am back in Phoenix, and this is how Rolland looked when I left. I was happy to see him up and sitting in his chair when I came into the room.  He looks great huh? I sure think so... of course I saw him when he looked a lot worse!  ANYWAY  I am back and emotionally this was one of the hardest things I have ever done.  I loved being there with my brother but leaving about broke MY heart.  I felt so helpless when he was not recovering at the rate in which I thought he would.  I pushed a lot of emotions down because I didn't want to project them onto him.  He is up and walking around with out his walker now which is amazing!  He is a very strong person.  A lot stronger then HE thinks he is.  He also gave me a great inspiration while I was there and I can't wait to share it with everyone. It will take a little while, but I am totally excited to get my new project done!  So coming home has been a bit rough for me. Not only do I want to be there to help Rolland recover, and of course make fun of him as he is walking down the hallways but telling him his robe is open and the world can see his bum; but I have also had some realities about myself and my health and my well my person.. that need to be re-evaluated.  SO I am beginning a life journey I think... something that will change who I am and make me a better person, perhaps more considerate of others and sensitive to the needs of my friends, family and even strangers.  Perhaps I will come out of this a better person!  SO I suppose that is thanks to my brother!  (shhh don't tell him though his head is already big enough!)

No comments:

Post a Comment